The Salimpour School, in existence since 1949, is the leading educator of Middle Eastern dance. We support our students with a wide array of educational tools including online classes, workshops, music, manuals, optional certification, and more. Study with the best instructor available and develop into the best dancer you can be. Whether you are a beginner, occasional dabbler, hobbyist, or professional, learn in a safe, supportive, and motivating environment with our growing community of worldwide dancers. Just when you think you’re learned all there is to learn, this School offers a continuous path for learning new things and developing your skills further. See our Events and Workshops list below.
- Attend multi-week courses in our online education institute for certification testing.
- Access over 1000+ hours of instruction 24/7 at Salimpour School Online.
- Try Video Private Lessons for one-on-one instruction.
- Study with one our our licensed instructors.
- Attend in-person workshops.
Courses versus Workshops
- Courses refers to the multi-week programs held online through the Suhaila Salimpour Institute of Online Education.
- Workshops refer to in-person events.
- Some workshops are sponsored by Suhaila and held in the Bay Area. See the workshop information below for more details about preparation, travel, housing, etc.
- Some workshops are sponsored by other dancers and promoters and held in other locations. The event listing will provide a link where you can find information about travel, housing, etc. prepared by the specific sponsor of the workshop.