Suhaila Salimpour Institute of Online Education
The Suhaila Salimpour Institute of Online Education was created to address the School’s growing worldwide student body, to present more content with increased consistency, to provide more personalized feedback for students, and to establish a more accessible home for the Salimpour certification program. The Institute furthers the aims of the Salimpour School to graduate high quality performers and instructors, thereby raising the standard and status of belly dance worldwide; and to educate through a blend of modern and traditional dance, but always with authenticity in and awareness of Arabic music and the Arabic culture from where this dance originated.
Our Institute’s mission is to provide high quality belly dance education and certification through online learning strategies. The School continues to offer in-person classes and workshops; but all testing preparations and certification exams are handled through Institute online courses.*
- We utilize effective technologies to provide accessible, effective learning and certification opportunities for those students who, because of time, geographic, or other constraints, are unable to attend in-person workshops and classes.
- We ensure the quality of our distance learning instruction through effective course design and assessment.
- We foster an environment which allows students, without the restrictions of time and place, to take ownership and responsibility of their education and course pacing to help them reach their desired goals.
- We provide a quality, thorough education while taking into account each individual student’s learning style.
- We provide personalized feedback throughout the program for student awareness and growth.
- We foster a school culture based on a strong and effective partnership between our instructors and students.
- We promote a strong community of worldwide dancers.
- We value quality in education. Our programs and methods are under constant scrutiny so we can provide the best content for our students.
- We value honesty and integrity. The Salimpour School and the Suhaila Salimpour Institute of Online Education were created and are maintained based on these core values.
We have been preparing additional online programs to add to the Institute in the coming months and years.
Online Lesson Series for Smaller Groups • Online Short Courses • Peer-Led Study and Training Groups • Staging Instruction for Featured Choreographies • Courses for Collectives • Online Live Lectures • Salimpour School Online Content filmed specifically for students training at home in small spaces