Salimpour School students have the opportunity to progress by successfully completing testing for each level: Fundamentals, Foundations, Intermediate, Performance, and Teaching. Certification is valid for TWO years from date of recognition and can be extended by either 1) testing for the next level or 2) maintaining the required Continuing Education Credits (CECs) plus renewal fees as outlined below. View here for a list of currently certified dancers.
Continuing Education Credits (CECs)
Certification is valid for TWO years from date of recognition and can be extended by either 1) testing for the next level or 2) maintaining the required Continuing Education Credits (CECs) plus renewal fees as outlined below.
- 1 CEC: Salimpour School weekly technique classes, regardless of length (including classes from 30 minutes to 2.5 hours)
- 2 CECs: one hour private with approved Salimpour instructor on certification material or certification choreography (One on one only, not for groups).
- 1 CEC: choreography clean-up classes scheduled as part of a specific workshop are worth 1 CEC each (regardless of length). Participants attending the related workshop are not eligible to submit CECs for the choreography clean-up classes scheduled for that specific workshop.
- 5 CECs: One full year of online classes. Must be a continuous 12 months without interruption.
- Fundamentals 1 and 2 Online Class Certification Training and Testing courses are worth 15 CECs.
- Workshops (in-person events) are each unique; available CECs are listed with the specific workshop.
- For online courses in the Institute, see the individual course description for the available CECs.
How to Submit CECs
- All certification members need an account (free or paid) at Salimpour School Online. This account will serve as your School account, where you can access your certification records.
- Once your account is created, visit the Certification section of your account located in the drop down menu under your name. In that section you can submit CECs for approval, review your certification status, renew your certification, etc.
CECs by Year
- 2019-2021 CECs: Click here.
- 2010-2019 CECs: Click here.